I heart February....


I guess I'm at the age where every month I say "I can't believe it's already (fill in the month here).  Where does the time go?"  So, once again I ask "where did January go?"

January seems to be full of pressure.  Pressure to keep those resolutions (one reason why I didn't make any this year), pressure to get everything cleaned up after the holidays, pressure to get back in the swing of things after time off, pressure to tie up any loose ends from the prior year.  I also feel like January should be this relaxing, laid back month to snuggle up in front of a fire and read.  That never happened last month - it was go, go, go here at September Acres.

Hello, February!  I love this month because is signals that January is behind us.  I find it a more relaxing month.  There are fun things to look forward to with Valentine's day - especially when you have kids.  Getting the little Valentines together for classmates and filling the house with cute red hearts is just fun.  I'm getting out all my red and pink decorations this weekend and even making a cute little decoration for the house.  I see sugar cookies in the future to share with friends and family.

I've come across a ton of cute crafts and decorating ideas this year.  I'd like to share my favorites
with you on this first day of February.


I LOVE this Valentine Love banner from Jones Design Company.  She has a printable for the hearts which is really cute.  Or you could make your own hearts.  So many possibilities.


 I saw this cute little Valentine tree here. Again, so many possibilities.  When I first saw this I thought it was made from clothes pins but it appears to be paper.  I still think I could make something really similar using clothes pins.


This Valentine vignette from Tatortots and Jello is chock full of fun ideas.  I will be working on my version of the XO modpodged letters this weekend.  Check back on Monday for the finished product.


How cute is this?  Myra at My Blessed Life used an empty frame she had on hand to create this love-ly picture. I love the pink and brown together.

These felt coffee-cup sleeves are so adorable and the perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life.  I'll be digging out my felt for this one.  Directions can be found here.  This is one of Martha Stewart Living's Good Things this month.

And because February is our No Spend Month you can be sure I'll be making my crafts with supplies I have on hand.  And that's a good thing!


Comments

Unknown said…
Atlantic Developments

I like most everything, especially those wonderful classical busts.

oh this is a very informative
post! i actually enjoyed reading
this - very well explained too. thanks, this is very useful!
Great information..

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas