Why I didn't make any resolutions for 2013...

Source

Every year I make New Year's Resolutions - they're usually the same old ones: get organized, lose weight, exercise more, eat healthier, eat less sugar, be nicer - probably many of the sames ones other people have written down.

Every year I get off to a pretty good start.

And then reality sets in.  The days get busier as school starts back up and we get back into our routines.  Routine sounds great until it gets slammed by a doctor or car maintenance appointment.  The three mile walk gets replaced by the three hour wait at the dealership.  And there goes my 'exercise every day' resolution. And then I feel guilty.

So, this year there will be no resolutions.  I know what I need to do to and writing down a list of things or putting them out there in a post doesn't make them happen.  I don't plan on being a sloth for the whole of 2013 but if I learned anything in 2012 it's that life happens, plans change, best intentions go out the window and life goes on.  With or without resolutions.


Comments

Sonny G said…
Amen, to all you said~!
I didn't make any either...so far I'm doing great!
Katie said…
Good for you! No resolutions here either. Just trying to make the most of each day.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas