Pool Table...

I finally got around to repainting this little table that sits by the door going out to the pool.  Affectionately called the 'pool table' due to the fact that it houses sunscreen and towels for the pool, the table sits within reach of the doorway so we can pick up our towels on the way out. Or reach in without making a mess if we forget them.

My dad made this table many years ago when 'country' was a big design style.  I've had it in many rooms through the years but most recently in the garage because it didn't really have a 'spot' due to the style.  I knew I had to either use it or give it to someone that would so I decided to spruce it up a bit and bring it into the 21st century.  The biggest obstacle to an update was the heart cut out.  Cute in the 80's; not as much in 2012.  And while I'd like to say that I came up with the brilliant idea to cover the heart with the medallion, it really came from Wendy over at The Shabby Nest when she had the same heart to cover on a bench (that her dad made for her).

I wish I knew the name of the paint I used but it was one of those 'rejects' at Lowes and I liked the color on the top of the can and bought it knowing that one day I would use it.  For $6 I couldn't pass it up! It is a pale aqua'ish, more green than blue in most lighting.  And I LOVE it!



I picked the medallion up at Hobby Lobby.  I couldn't find a medallion that I loved that was big enough to cover the heart so I also picked up the wood backing that did cover the heart.  $6 total for medallions/backing for both sides.



Here's the table painted before the medallion was put on it.  Much better, don't you think?  I put the medallion on the backer with Gorilla Glue.  Then I put the backer on to the table with silicone.


I'm really happy with the results.  It looks nice and serves a very important purpose. :)


So for a total of $12 I have an updated table.  I love these little frugal projects!

Linking up to Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed,  Frugal Friday @ the Shabby Nest,  Sizzle into Summer @ DIY by Design. 

Comments

Functional and nice looking, made even prettier by the fact that your father made it. I'm so glad you didn't give it away!
Functional and nice looking, made even prettier by the fact that your father made it. I'm so glad you didn't give it away!
Honey at 2805 said…
Smart thinging to cover up the heart! Lovely color! I would be delighted for you to link to Potpourri Friday, in progress!
Unknown said…
Love how you've covered the heart! And my favorite color too!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas