Small Dresser Makeover

When we got our new bed we no longer had space for this chest in our bedroom so I moved it into LM's room. Almost a year later (I work fast, don't I?) I have made it over to match her room. You can see the before here. In the 'true confessions' department I will admit that I don't love it and it's a little sloppy. My original plan was to paint the stripe pink but I ran out of paint and didn't want to stop working and move everything back into the garage (hubby was out of town) so we could run to Ace and buy another can. So I went to plan B - the brown paint I already had. I redid the wooden knobs I had on another dresser using this idea from the Vintage Pinecone.







I LOVE the way the knobs turned out. The resin finish was the perfect finishing touch although I didn't enjoy using it very much. Even so it was worth the end result. They look almost like ceramic close up. Really neat.









For now this dresser looks so cute in LM's room and is perfect with her pink and brown theme.
















My hope is that in time the sloppiness will look more Shabby Chic than just Shabby. I am (very) slowly finishing up this pink and brown room. Since I have gotten an inspiration for the room things seem to be coming along more quickly than they were so I hope to be able to show the whole room in the not too distant future. For now, it's the dresser...

I'm linking up to Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design,Show and Share Day @ Just a Girl, Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest, Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed, Open House Party Thursday @ No Minimalist Here & Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.










Comments

Kim said…
Super-cool makeover Debra. I love the detail of the drawer pulls. Sweet!
xoxo,
Kim
The Mrs. said…
Better than I could do! xo
Cute! Maybe just sand the edges a little more to shabby it up a bit more. ;-) Love the knobs!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas