Quick Easter Gift...

I was trying to think of something quick and fun for an Easter gift (something that wasn't candy, although this is close). I was also thinking of something fun for LM to do that was not terribly expensive. So I came up with colored sugar in a jar. We've all seen the colored sand they have at fairs and festivals - they sell a jar and then you fill it with whatever sand you want. Kids love it. Instead of sand I thought of sugar which can be used later (I love consumable gifts). I save jars whenever I can. These little ones come from mushrooms but you could use anything - even buy some fun shapes if you want. I put about 1/4 cup of sugar in a bowl with 5-6 drops of food coloring and started stirring. The drops kind of turn into clumps so there's some mashing involved too.
When it's mixed to a color you like and pour the sugar in the jar. This is the parts the kids love! The pink sugar is actually some colored sugar that I had alot of.
I added a cute tag and it's a gift that's ready to give. I thought this would look really cute in an Easter basket but what could you use it for? I thought it would be fun to sprinkle on sugar cookies, french toast, waffles, etc. It could also be used in coffee and tea.
I thought it turned out cute and it was fun and quick to do. I think it's fun for kids but also would be nice for a teacher, grandma or co-worker.


I'm linking up to Transformation Thursday @ the Shabby Chic Cottage, Show and Share @ Just a Girl, Wendy's Frugal Friday , the Easter & Spring Party @ a Holiday Haven.

Comments

Laurie Anne said…
That's very cool. I've always seens those fancy sugars and who knew they were so simple to make? I will have to try that when making some Easter sugar cookies.
:0)
Deborah said…
So bright , cheerful and crearive!

Deborah :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Keep a Journal...

Easter Deals, Ideas & Fun Stuff - 4/11/17

25 Candy-Free Easter Basket Filler Ideas